Ever wondered what’s the code to check my number? If you found yourself guessing the code to check MTN number either your new or old MTN number, then you are not alone. So many of us have struggled to guess our number when we have to give it to someone and when we need it for something urgent like registration or form filling.
We sometimes forget our old numbers, especially when we have not used them for long or have not seen the number written out somewhere, which is why there is a code to check MTN numbers. code to check my number
Your network provider, MTN Nigeria has provided some codes to check MTN number. So keep reading to find these codes, as we have shared them in this article.
Codes to check MTN number
The first code to check MTN number is *663#. There are other codes and methods to check MTN number but this code is the fastest of them all. When you dial this code, your MTN number will be displayed on your screen. Just in case you forget the code or your keypads choose to misbehave when you want to dial 66, you can use the other codes to check your MTN number.
Dial *123# on your mobile phone and follow the instructions.
- From the options shown on your screen, select the number 1 option, which is account information.
- Another set of options will appear again, select the number 1 option, which is ‘my number’
- Your network provider, MTN Nigeria will respond by sending your phone number to display on your screen. An SMS with your MTN number will also be sent to your phone from 131.
If this process looks too tedious for you, do not worry because we have other codes to check MTN number. Dial *123*1*1# and your MTN number will be displayed on your screen. If it sends an error code, try it again.
This code to check MTN number in Nigeria is known to always show a message error, but by the time you keep trying the code over and over again, your MTN number will appear on your screen.
Other methods to check MTN number
Apart from the code to check MTN number, there are other easy ways that you can check MTN number. They are;
Call a friend or family member and tell him/her to text you the number, you can do this when your friend/family member is far away. And if you happen to be close to the person just dial his/her number on your phone and collect your MTN number from the person’s phone when it rings.
You can opt for this method easily wherever you are because the person doesn’t even have to be your friend, he/she can be anybody. So long as the person remembers his or her phone number, just dial the number and collect your MTN number from the person’s phone.
Use the MTN Free ‘call me back’ code, *133#
If you have multiple sims in your phone, you can use the MTN call me back code *133# to send an SMS to your other sim. When the message drops, just copy the number from it.
You can also use this method to get your phone number from someone when you do not have enough airtime to make a call. Send the person the MTN call me back SMS which is free, using *133#.
Call MTN Customer Care
What if you don’t have airtime and cannot remember the free ‘code to check MTN number?’ No problem, just call the MTN customer care line which is 180, it’s free. The customer care representative will help you to get your phone number.
You can go for this option when you are not in a haste to get your number. This is because calling the customer care line may take so much time. Network providers in Nigeria are known to have very busy customer care lines, so it may take a while for them to respond.
Check Your Android Phone
This third method is for android users. When you go to your phone settings, select sim setting and you will see your phone number there. There is no code for you to do that, and nobody for you to bother calling. Just you and your phone.
Download MTN App
The fifth method to check MTN number is to download the MTN app from Playstore if you don’t have one and install it. Select ‘check your number’ and your phone number will be displayed alongside your account balance. The MTN app is always available on playstore and they are easy to install.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Transfer Data from MTN to Airtel [2023 New Codes]
- How to Track Down a TextNow Number: 2 Simple Ways
- How to Recharge Prepaid Meter for the First Time
- Everything You Need to Know About Conlog Prepaid Meter
- Everything You Need to Know About PHED Prepaid Meter
- Everything You Need to Know About IBEDC Prepaid Meter
- Everything You Need to Know About Mojec Prepaid Meter
- How to Check Prepaid Meter Balance in Nigeria
- Different Types of Prepaid Meters in Nigeria [6 Brands]
- How to Upgrade GOtv Subscription Yourself in 2023
- How to Recharge GOtv With Phone Fast
- How to Reset GOtv Decoder : 2023 Tips
- How to Activate GOtv After Payment: Fastest Way
- How to Activate Channel 29 on GOtv: Step by Step Guide
- How Much is GOtv Decoder in Nigeria and 2023 Price
- Updated GOtv Smallie Channels List and New Price
- Updated GOtv Jinja Channels List & Price 2023
- New GOtv Jolli Channel List Package & Price
- How to deactivate call forwarding on MTN network ( New 2023 Update)
- New Code to Load Airtel Card in Nigeria 
- How to Transfer Data on 9mobile Network [2023 New Code]
- How to Check Airtel Night Plan Balance | 2 Cheapest Plans
- How to Check 9mobile Balance Fast [2023 New Code]
- How to cancel MTN caller tune [Updated]
- How to Check Glo Number [2023 New Codes]
- How to Check BVN on Airtel Network [2023 New Code]
- How to Check Data Balance on 9mobile [2023 New Code]
- How to Check Glo Balance [2023 New Codes]
- How to Use MTN data Bonus | 2023 New Codes
- How to call Glo customer care [MTN, Airtel and 9mobile inclusive]
- How to Use MTN Points in Nigeria | 2023 Full Guide
- How to Send Please Call Me on MTN | 2023 New Code
- Easy Steps on how to check NIN number on Glo
- 9mobile data code for 200 for 1GB | Cheap data
- How to Stop Auto Renewal on Airtel [2023 New Codes]
- Cheap Data | 9mobile Data Code for 500 for 2GB
- How to Borrow Airtime from 9mobile Network [New Code]
- How to Borrow Data from 9mobile Without Paying Back
- How to Unshare Data on MTN Line | Easy Method
- How to Convert MTN Bonus to Data
- How to Cancel all Subscription on MTN [2023 New Codes]
- How to upgrade MTN sim to 4G at home
- How to Hide Number on MTN [2023 New Update]
- How to Load 9mobile Card Easily [New code]
- How to check Glo bonus balance in 2023: New Codes
- How to Check 9mobile Number on Phone [New Code]
- How to Link NIN on Airtel Network: New Codes
- How to Transfer Airtime on 9mobile [New Code]
- How to Track MTN Number Location in Nigeria
- How to Load Glo Card in Nigeria [2023 New Codes]
- How to Check Airtime Balance on Airtel Nigeria | 2023 New Code
- The Best MTN Tariff Plan For Calls
- How to check MTN balance [ 2023 New Codes]
- How to Borrow Data from Airtel Network | New Code
- How to Get Glo Transfer Code in Nigeria [2023 New Codes]
- How to Roll Over Unused Data on MTN: Easy Guide
- How to Cancel Auto Renewal on MTN Nigeria [New Codes]
- How to Get Free Data on MTN in Nigeria 2023
- How To Send Bulk SMS on MTN [Fastest way in 2023]
- How to Roam My MTN Line When Travelling | Fastest Way
- How to Convert MTN Airtime to Cash [2023 Fastest method]
- How to Hide Number on Glo in 2023: New Codes
- MTN Free 500mb Cheat Code + Data Bonuses
- How to Migrate to MTN Pulse for Free
- How to Retrieve MTN Transfer Pin 2023: Full guide
- How to Migrate to MTN Beta Talk for Free
- How to Check My Airtel Number in Nigeria [4 Easy Steps]
- How to do Share and Sell on MTN | New Codes
- How to Migrate to MTN True Talk + Bonuses
- How to Browse with Airtime on MTN | 2023 New Codes
- How to activate Glo sim in Nigeria
- How to Migrate to MTN Biz Plus
- How to transfer data from Glo to Mtn to Airtel to 9mobile
- How to Borrow Card from MTN: 2023 New Codes
- How to Borrow Data from MTN Line: New codes
- How to Send Airtime on MTN | 2023 New codes
- How to do MTN Yafun Yafun Night Plan: New Codes
- Simplest Way To Load MTN Recharge Code for 17 Digit Pin, 16, 15, & 13
- How to Recharge Airtel Data Code: New Short Codes
- How To Block MTN Sim Card If Stolen
- How to Activate Airtel eSIM, 9mobile eSIM, and MTN eSIM in Nigeria: For All Smartphones
- eSIM Nigeria Phones Mobile Network: Compatible Smartphones and Networks
- eSIM Nigeria: How to get eSIM in Nigeria
- How to Migrate to MTN Xtra Value: Fastest Route
- How to Delete TextNow App + Account
- How to Know If It’s a TextNow Number: 2023 Tips
- Top Anonymous TextNow Number Lookup Sites
- What is a TextNow Subscriber Phone Number: Meaning, and Tricks
- Does TextNow Show Your Email?
- How to Tell If a TextNow Number Is Still Active
- How to Find Out Who a TextNow Number Belongs To: 7 Easy Ways
How can I know my MTN number?
To check your MTN number, dial *663# and your MTN number will appear on your screen. Alternatively, you can dial *123*1*1# and your MTN number will appear on your screen.
If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to provide your MTN number but you cannot remember, just make use of the code to check MTN number, or the other methods to check MTN number as we have shared with you here. Also, always try to save your number on your phone, to act as a backup source of your phone number any day you forget it again.