For years, Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED) has been the trusted provider of meters for Rivers State and neighboring regions. While PHED supplies high-quality prepaid meters, it’s crucial to be well-prepared for any potential meter-related issues. This comprehensive guide is designed to equip you with the essential information to acquire, manage, and troubleshoot PHED prepaid meters.
How do I Apply for a PHCN Prepaid Meter
Under the MAP (Meter Asset Providers) scheme, lots of meter suppliers have formed partnerships with PHED. To enable the residents of Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Bayelsa States to get their prepaid meters within 10 working days.
The Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) which has been changed to Nigeria Electricity Distribution Company (NERC). Is in charge of overseeing the activities of every electricity distribution company in Nigeria, including PHED. But so many people still prefer using PHCN instead of NERC. That is why you still find people talking about PHCN prepaid meters in Nigeria.
But no matter what it’s called, so long as you are in Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Bayelsa, you are talking about PHED prepaid meters.
And the good news is that acquiring a PHED prepaid meter is no longer as stressful as it used to be.
All you need to do is to follow these simple steps;
- Visit any PHED office and the staff will walk you through bill reconciliation processes. Where you are given the chance to lay your complaints about billings and the staff will resolve them. You will be given any outstanding bill to pay.
- After the payment, you will be given a MAP application form to fill out. Fill it with the right details and collect the official bank details to make payment.
- Ensure that the staff has confirmed your payment before leaving. And you will get your PHED prepaid meter after 10 working days.
How to Activate PHED Prepaid Meters for the first time
Activating your new PHED prepaid meter is no longer a complex process. You can now complete the activation from the comfort of your home. Here’s how:
- Go to the PHED official payment portal and choose prepaid as you are using a PHED prepaid meter.
- Input your meter number, phone number, email address, and the number of tokens you want to purchase. Enter these details in their designated spaces.
- Click on ‘CLICK HERE TO PAY BILL’. This will take you straight to the payment portal (Xpress Payments)
- Make your payment using your ATM card.
- The token pin will be sent to you via text message. It will also be displayed on the website after your payment.
- Input these 20-digit tokens into your PHED prepaid meter and it will be activated.
These steps can be applied to various related queries like how to perform PHCN prepaid meter online payments, PHED easy pay, and PHED payments in Port Harcourt.
How to Recharge PHCN Prepaid Meter
Once you’ve purchased the token online, connect the User Interface Unit (UIU) to the meter. Enter the 20-digit token and press the blue button (Enter button) to successfully recharge your PHED prepaid meter.
PHED Prepaid Meter Codes
Whether you’ve applied for your PHED prepaid meter online or in-person, you don’t need to revisit these locations for meter details. Utilize the following codes to access key information from your PHED prepaid meter:
These codes are;
• 99 and the ‘ENTER’ button, to check your PHED prepaid meter number. This code can be used by people searching for how to check PHCN prepaid meter numbers.
• 01 and the ‘ENTER’ button, to check the electricity used up on your prepaid meter.
• #414# to borrow some units when you run out of prepaid meter units
• 031 and ‘ENTER’ button to check your daily energy consumption
• 00 and the ‘ENTER’ button, to check the total of all the electric energy you have purchased so far.
• 07 and the ‘ENTER’ button, to check your unit balance
• 077 and the ‘ENTER’ button, to check your current token. Or 076 and the ‘ENTER’ button to check the previous token.
PHED prepaid Meter Error Codes
While it’s common to encounter error codes with prepaid meters, not all of them require professional assistance. Some error codes can be resolved independently. Here are a few examples of error codes, their meanings, and how to address them:
- E01 means that your PHED prepaid meter needs to be initialized. When such an error appears, press 12754194194144864505970 on your meter and it will get activated.
- NOT_Act means that your PHED prepaid meter is yet to get activated. Press 55555 and it will be activated.
- OUEr_Por or Load Error is an indication that your prepaid meter is carrying too much load. Reduce the number of appliances you are using and wait for the error code to clear away.
- ConnEct shows that the meter is connected to the UIU. A 30-minute wait will be required for it to get cleared.
- USED or Token Used Error shows that you are trying to load a token that you have loaded before. So you need to purchase a new one and load it.
However, certain error codes, such as a battery symbol on the LCD screen (indicating a low battery), a spanner symbol (signifying a technical problem), and rEjEct (which appears when trying to load an invalid token), require professional intervention. Do not attempt to address these codes by yourself. Instead, call a technician as soon as you encounter them.
Other topics on prepaid meters you might be interested in.
This guide prepares you for any potential challenges you may face with your PHED prepaid meter. Feel confident and well-informed as you navigate the world of prepaid meters in Rivers, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Bayelsa States.