The use of Mojec prepaid meter has surged in recent years, primarily due to their impressive features. Mojec’s technology has evolved over time, resulting in the production of advanced prepaid meters. This evolution has attracted a growing number of individuals interested in acquiring these meters. The high demand for information related to Mojec prepaid meters is the driving force behind this article.
Even though Mojec prepaid meters offer a wide range of exceptional features, there are essential details you should be aware of before making a purchase. This article aims to equip you with the knowledge needed to handle any unexpected situations with your Mojec prepaid meter. So, if you’re considering getting a Mojec prepaid meter, read on to discover the vital information you’ll need.
How to Buy Mojec Prepaid Meter
You can obtain a Mojec prepaid meter from your local electricity distribution company, either by visiting their offices in person or applying online. When applying online, ensure that you go through only the meter suppliers approved by NERC, such as Meter Assets Providers (MAP). Follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of your electricity distribution company and initiate the application process.
- Complete the request form and provide identification and a passport photograph.
- Sign the company’s agreement and make the payment. Note that cash payments should not be made to employees; all payments must go through the meter supplier’s portal.
- You will receive your Mojec prepaid meter within days or a few weeks. The suppliers will install it, and once installation is complete, you can activate it and start recharging.
How to Activate Mojec Prepaid Meter
After installation, you need to activate your Mojec prepaid meter before using it. To activate it, follow these steps:
- Your meter token contains a series of numbers. Input the first 20 digits and press the ‘ENTER’ button. Wait for the meter screen to display ‘SUCCESSFUL’ before proceeding.
- Input the next 20 digits and press the ‘ENTER’ button again. Wait for the screen to display ‘SUCCESSFUL.’ Your meter will be ready for recharging and usage.
If you want to check the balance on your Mojec prepaid meter or access other important details, specific codes can be used for various purposes. These codes include:
1. 004 to check the balance under AEDC or 009 under IE
2. 040 to check the credit amount
3. 070 to check the current date
4. 100 to check the meter number
5. 048 for emergency credit
6. 200 to check the last date you recharged
7. 202 for the previous amount recharged
8. 032 for the total charging amount
9. 045 to deactivate the sound alarm
10. 203 to check the last token recharged
Despite its strength and durability, Mojec prepaid meters may encounter certain issues, including:
- Weakness in the customer interface unit’s battery
- Poor connection in the customer interface unit
- Failure to indicate a power supply
- Weak communication link between the customer interface unit and the meter
To recharge your Mojec prepaid meter, follow these steps:
- After purchasing a prepaid meter credit token from online or DISCO outlets, verify that the receipt contains a 20-digit token number.
- Upon returning home, connect your UIU, input the 20-digit token numbers, and press the blue button.
- If the recharge is successful, the screen will display “ACCEPTED.”
- If the first attempt is unsuccessful, re-enter the 20-digit token numbers carefully.
If you encounter difficulties with your Mojec prepaid meter or need to reset it, follow these steps:
- Connect your UIU and press 990, then the ‘ENTER’ button.
- Next, press 0000 and wait for the screen to display ‘GOOD.’
- Press 999 and the ‘ENTER’ button. Wait for the screen to display ‘RESET.’
- Disconnect your UIU and reconnect it.
These steps will resolve any issues you may be experiencing, allowing you to successfully load your token.
Customer Care Number and Address
Mojec is known for its excellent customer care services. If your meter encounters problems that you cannot handle on your own, you can contact Mojec’s customer care. They are always ready to assist you. Mojec has two physical offices:
244/246 Apapa Oshodi Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria.
Phone Number; 08174589132, or 014537736
Plot 1335, Close Alexandra Crescent Off Mallam Aminu Kano Crescent,
Zone A7 Wuse 11, FCT, Abuja, Nigeria.
Phone Number; 08174589132, or 014538015
Or contact Mojec customer care through its official email address, [email protected]
• You can easily find out its power consumption
• You can determine how much you spend on electricity at a time
• It is designed in a way that it’s protected from external damage.
• It may be too expensive as its price is higher than others.
Other topics on prepaid meters you might be interested in.
In this article, we have addressed key aspects of Mojec meters and provided you with the necessary information to handle any unexpected situations. If you have additional questions or require further clarification, please feel free to leave a comment, and we will respond as soon as possible.