If you’re looking to install an IBEDC prepaid meter, you’ve come to the right place. The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) has been responsible for distributing electricity in Oyo State and neighboring areas like Ogun, Kwara, and Osun States for years. In addition to electricity distribution, IBEDC also handles metering for these regions, providing high-quality meters with a minimum warranty of 10 years.
Before you take the plunge and request or install an IBEDC prepaid meter, there are some essential things you need to be aware of. This knowledge will not only streamline the meter acquisition process but also empower you to manage any future issues with your meter effectively. So, if you want to make the most of your IBEDC prepaid meter, keep reading to discover how.
How to Get IBEDC Prepaid Meter
IBEDC has made it convenient for individuals seeking prepaid meters for their homes or businesses. You can apply for an IBEDC prepaid meter through two methods:
CAPMI Scheme (The Accredited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation)
This scheme ensures that people who want prepaid meters can acquire them within 45 days. It was designed by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to enable those who can’t pay for a prepaid meter upfront to obtain one. The payment is spread over 36 months and is deducted as a credit unit each time you recharge your meter.
To apply for an IBEDC prepaid meter under the CAPMI scheme, follow these steps:
- Visit an IBEDC office and request a free form tagged IBEDC 74. Fill it out with accurate information.
- You’ll need to provide a valid ID card for identity verification.
- Choose your preferred prepaid meter and collect the official bank account details. Avoid making payments to any staff; all transactions must go through the official account.
- After payment, return to the IBEDC office with a copy of the bank teller or payment evidence and the IBEDC 74 form.
- Once registered, you’ll receive your IBEDC prepaid meter within 45 days.
MAP Scheme (The Meter Asset Provider)
The Meter Asset Provider (MAP) is another scheme by the Nigeria Electricity Distribution Company (NERC) to expedite meter acquisition. Under IBEDC, the following Meter Asset Providers are available:
- Tinuten Nigeria Limited
- Computer Warehouse Group (CWG)
- New Hampshire Capital Limited
- Integrated Resources Limited (IRL)
To apply for an IBEDC prepaid meter through the MAP scheme, follow these steps:
- Visit the official IBEDC website using your computer or smartphone.
- Download and fill out the meter form.
- Print the completed form and submit it at an IBEDC office to register for a prepaid meter.
- Complete the payment process.
- You’ll receive your IBEDC prepaid meter within 10 working days of payment confirmation.
IBEDC Prepaid Meter Codes
IBEDC prepaid meters come with specific codes that provide meter details instantly. Key codes include:
65 and the blue button for IBEDC prepaid meter number.
07 and the blue button for IBEDC prepaid meter balance check.
IBEDC Prepaid Meter Recharge
If you’ve purchased tokens for your IBEDC prepaid meter, follow these steps to recharge it:
- Open your IBEDC prepaid meter’s door and insert the prepaid meter smart card in the designated slot. Ensure that the control box is connected to a power source before inserting the smart card.
- An “—” symbol on the LCD screen indicates that the smart card and meter are correctly connected, and the token is loading. Avoid removing the card during this process to prevent damage.
- Once the screen notifies you of a completed card loading process, gently remove the smart card.
Alternatively, you can enter your token digits into your IBEDC prepaid meter.
IBEDC Prepaid Meter Tamper Code
Tamper codes are essential for restoring your prepaid meter to its default state. If your IBEDC prepaid meter enters tamper mode, visit an IBEDC office or any DISCO outlet to report the issue. They will investigate the cause and provide you with a 20-digit tamper code to reset your prepaid meter to its default settings.
How to Load IBEDC Prepaid Meter Online
Are you finding it difficult to make out time to visit the DISCO outlets? You can purchase a token and make IBEDC prepaid meter payments online from your comfort zone.
To load your IBEDC prepaid meter online from the comfort of your house, follow these steps;
- Visit the official VTU.ng website at www.vtu.ng.
- Choose your distribution company from the list on the site and fill in the required details.
- Input the desired token amount.
- Confirm your order and complete the payment using a credit card or bank transfer.
- Once your payment is confirmed, your token will be sent to you via text message or email.
IBEDC Customer Care
For additional information or assistance, you can reach out to IBEDC’s customer care team. If you have questions or need to file a complaint, they are ready to help. Contact them via email at [email protected] or call 07001239999. You can also visit the IBEDC business hub closest to your location.
Other topics on prepaid meters you might be interested in.
Dealing with issues with a new prepaid meter is not something anyone looks forward to. That’s why we’ve covered everything you need to know before getting an IBEDC prepaid meter. This guide equips you with the right information to ensure a hassle-free experience with your prepaid meter. If you have any more questions or need further clarification, feel free to leave a comment, and we’ll respond promptly.