If you are reading this, you are probably an MTN or Airtel user looking for how to transfer data from MTN to Airtel. With the constant Google search on how to transfer data from MTN to Airtel, we have decided to put up this post. We all know what it means to have excess data on one sim and then want to transfer the data to another sim, probably because the second sim has better network coverage.
There is detailed information on how to transfer data from MTN line to another MTN line and from one Airtel line to another Airtel line online. But you hardly find people posting or talking about how to transfer data from MTN to Airtel.
We want to talk about this because we know how important it is for you to know it.
How to transfer data from MTN to Airtel
Before we go into how to transfer data from MTN to Airtel, let’s take a quick look at how an Airtel user can transfer data from his/her Airtel line to another Airtel line.
The Airtel network offers a service called me2u. This service will enable you to transfer data from your Airtel line to another Airtel line. To use this Airtel me2u service to surprise your loved ones with data, follow these steps:
- Open the call app on your phone dial *141*6# and send from your Airtel line.
- Select the me2u service, which is option 8
- Select 2 from the next options. To send the me2u data gift to your loved ones from your current data balance.
- Input the Airtel number you want to transfer the data to
- You will be prompted to input the amount of data you want to transfer, do that correctly.
- Input your unique Airtel transfer password
- You can select 1 to confirm the transaction or otherwise cancel it if you have changed your mind along the way.
You will then be notified of the success of your transaction after confirming the transaction.
Airtel transfer pin
Please note that the default pin for transferring data on Airtel is 1234. This is general for every Airtel user, which is why you are advised to change the default pin before you start transferring data.
- Change the pin to another 4-digit pin that only you know, for security reasons.
- To change the default pin on your Airtel line, dial *141*6# and send it with your Airtel sim card.
- From the options displayed on your screen, choose option 1, which is ‘change pin-default pin 1234
- Follow the prompts and input the Airtel default transfer pin, which is 1234
- Input your transfer pin. (Remember to make the 4-digit pin unique)
- Input your new default PIN again to confirm it
- Airtel Nigeria will send you an SMS, confirming that you have successfully changed your transfer pin
Pin to transfer data from MTN to Airtel
Now, let’s dive into how to transfer data from MTN to Airtel using the USSD code or pins in Nigeria. Usually, when you want to transfer anything from your line to another line, a code is required. So what is the transfer code from MTN to Airtel?
Well, there is no code for transferring data from MTN to Airtel line. And neither is there a code or guidelines on how to transfer data from Airtel to MTN. There is no information on how to transfer from MTN to other networks in Nigeria. Transferring data from one network to another is something that network providers in Nigeria are yet to give us codes or guidelines on how to do it.
MTN Nigeria has not told us how to transfer data from MTN to Airtel lines. But hopefully, MTN or Airtel will respond by releasing a code or method of transferring data between these two networks very soon. Before then, you can keep surprising your loved ones who are using Airtel lines by transferring data to their lines.