Looking to learn how to borrow card from MTN? This post will teach you the step-by-step process of borrowing airtime from MTN. MTN xtratime is an MTN inventory that allows users to borrow airtime and pay it back later. This is to improve communication for MTN users.
Let’s say you were on a very important call and your airtime ran out. You can easily borrow money by dialing a code to continue your call and paying it back on your next recharge. You can borrow up to N3000 or more with MTN Xtratime, as long as you have a good credit history and your Xtratime eligibility is up to the amount. While the minimum one can borrow is N50.
It is important to note that any amount you borrow comes with a 15% charge. So, if you borrow N200, you will only be credited with N170, which is 85% of the sum you borrowed.
When you next recharge after borrowing, you are automatically paying back what you owe. So, if you owe, you need to recharge with an amount bigger or the same as the one you borrowed in order to be able to use the airtime or borrow again.
However, not every MTN user is allowed to borrow airtime unless they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be on the MTM line for at least 2 months with a regular recharge of N200 (for new customers).
- Must have paid what they owe, if any, or at least a good percentage to be able to borrow a lesser amount.
- Good credit history.
In this post, I will be giving you the step-by-step procedures on how to borrow card from MTN as well as the different ways to do it.
How to borrow airtime From MTN
Follow this step-by-step instruction on how to borrow card from MTN:
- Dial *303#
- Then select ‘more Xtratime’
- Reply with the amount you wish to borrow from the list of options displayed.
- You will get a credit message immediately.
- You can dial *310# to check your balance; you will see -100 (the amount you borrowed).
How to borrow money from MTN
Having learned how to borrow card from MTN, some people may want to know if MTN also lends money to their customers and have them pay back later. Well, it’s a no; you can only borrow airtime or data.
Funny enough, most Nigerians still call airtime money. You did hear things like “I don’t have money on my phone” and “MTN has finished my money.” Well, they are not that wrong either since N100 airtime is sold at N100, same with others.
How to borrow card on MTN without using *606#
Most people who know about MTN Xtratime only know *606# as the means to borrow on MTN, whereas that code no longer works. Here are the two other ways on how to borrow card from MTN without using *606#:
Using MYMTN App
- Install the MyMTN app from Play Store if you don’t have it installed on your phone
- Launch the app
- Click on the “borrow” icon
- Select the amount you wish to borrow from the list.
Using 303 IVR
- Dial “303”
- Following the audio call, you will be asked to select a language: English, Pidgin, Igbo, Hausa, or Yoruba.
- Select anyone to proceed.
- After that, you will be asked to select between XtraTime and XtraByte.
- Since we want airtime and not data, choose “XtraTime.”
- The amounts you are eligible to borrow will be called.
- Select the amount you wish to borrow.
- Your request will be processed instantly, and you will get an instant airtime credit SMS.
How to borrow card from MTN without paying back
How to borrow card from MTN without paying it back? It’s not possible. MTN is a big company, and thinking of borrowing airtime without paying it back is not good at all. However, the only way you can borrow and not pay back is when you finish the airtime you borrowed, stop recharging your MTN line, or stop using it totally.
The best way to borrow a card from MTN without paying is by getting another sim card after you have finished using the one you borrowed. Hence, you can avoid not paying what you owe.
However, you might be on the losing side somehow. It will affect your communication with your contacts, and they might not be able to reach you with your previous line.
FAQ on MTN
The procedure on how to borrow card from MTN is straightforward. All you have to do is dial *303# or use another convenient alternative listed on this post. Again, you should note that you can only get 85% of the amount you borrowed, as MTN will deduct 15% as a service charge. I hope you now understand how to borrow card from MTN. Visit again for more helpful information.