So many Nigerians are searching for how to link NIN on Airtel, and we are not surprised at all. With the way all the mobile lines in Nigeria without linked NIN have been barred from making calls. Nobody wants to be one of those that are with phones but cannot make calls.
This is why we want to talk about how you can link your NIN, also known as a national identification number to your Airtel line. You don’t have to be restricted from making a call anymore, read on to find out how to link NIN on Airtel from your comfort zone, and without assistance from a third party.
New Update: As of 13th May 2023, MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile announced that there will be a harmonization of their codes for Airtime, Data, and other services. What this means is: you can use one code to link NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile. Instead of the procedure in this post, all networks will use one code.
Once this update is complete every other code will no longer work. These new shortcodes by NCC are to help users remember a single code instead of several codes. Until the harmonization is complete, the codes on this post on how to link NIN on Airtel network remains valid. Read on.
How to link NIN on Airtel network
There are several ways to link your NIN on Airtel network, these ways are through USSD code, online, and through the NIMC mobile app
How to link NIN to Airtel code
To help subscribers that are searching for how to link NIN on Airtel, Airtel Nigeria has provided a simple USSD code, to help its customers stay active through NIN linking when they dial *121*1# and follow the prompts. To link NIN to your Airtel line using this USSD code, follow these steps;
- Open your phone app and dial *121*1#
- A prompt to input your NIN details will pop up on your screen
- Ensure that you type in the 11 digits national identity number.
- Airtel Nigeria will send you an SMS, thanking you for linking your NIN to your Airtel line.
- If the process was successful, you will get another prompt from Airtel to input another Airtel number and link it to the NIN you just submitted to them or end the process.
Airtel Nigeria will send you a message to confirm the success of your operation.
This method is very fast, you can use it and within a minute or two, you are through with it. it is also how to link NIN to Airtel after being blocked.
How to link NIN to Airtel Online
Since you are reading the result of your online search on how to link NIN on Airtel, let’s talk about how to do this online. To successfully link your NIN to your Airtel line online, follow these steps;
- Visit https//www.airtel.com.ng/nin/
- You will be required to enter your Airtel number, ensure to do it correctly
- Request for an OTP by clicking on the ‘send OTP’
- Input your alternate number/email address and tap on ‘proceed’
- Input the OTP that was sent to your phone and click confirm
- Lastly, input your NIN and click on ‘confirm’, to confirm your actions.
How to link NIN to Airtel via NIMC mobile app
This is another answer to your search for how to link NIN on Airtel. You can do this by downloading the NIMC mobile app from the Play Store if you don’t have it yet and install it.
- Open the app and enter your 11-digit national identification number
- Click on the button for ‘my device’ and you will see the space for you to input your Airtel number.
- Input your Airtel number and click on confirm, to confirm the operation.
Airtel NIN check
After checking for how to link NIN to Airtel code, it will be nice to know Airtel NIN check code. Airtel Nigeria is known to send a message to its users to confirm the success of their operation, but they sometimes fail to do so. When this happens, you can take the bull by the horn and confirm it on your own by dialing *121*1#. If the previous operation was successful, you will not be directed to input your NIN.
Rather, you will be directed to add more numbers that you want to link to your NIN.
FAQ on Airtel
Linking your Airtel and other network numbers to your NIN is compulsory in Nigeria. And failure to do so will result in your number being barred from making calls. To avoid this, make use of these ways that we have discussed here to link your Airtel line to your NIN and keep your number active at all times.