If you are looking for how to check data balance on 9mobile, then this post is just for you. According to the result of our research, lots of Nigerians search for how to check data balance on 9mobile, on a daily basis. This is why we have put up this post, to help people check their data balance on 9mobile with ease.
9mobile network, which is formally known as Etisalat is one of the fastest growing telecommunication companies in Nigeria, so it has lots of users in Nigeria. If you are one of those numerous 9mobile users in Nigeria, here is how to check data balance on 9mobile.
New Update: As of 13th May 2023, MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile announced that there will be a harmonization of their codes for Airtime, Data, and other services. What this means is: you can use one code to check data balance on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile. Instead of the procedure in this post, all networks will use one code.
Once this update is complete every other code will no longer work. These new shortcodes by NCC are to help users remember a single code instead of several codes. Until the harmonization is complete, the codes on this post on how to check 9mobile data balance remains valid. Read on.
How to check 9mobile data balance
There are several ways you can check your data balance on the 9mobile network. Some of them are fast, while others are a bit slow. Read on to find out how to check 9mobile data plan, and find the method that will be more convenient for you to follow. These methods are;
- The use of USSD code
- Through online
- Through SMS
- Calling the customer care
How to check 9mobile balance via USSD code
This is the easiest and fastest way to check your account balance, as it automatically shows you your account balance. To check the data balance on 9mobile via USSD code, follow these steps;
- Open your phone app (where you dial numbers)
- Dial *228#, and send
- Your network providers will send your data balance to your phone and it will be displayed on your screen.
How to check 9mobile data balance online
You can also view your mobile data online whenever you are online. The only drawback to this method is the fact that you need mobile data to check your data successfully. You also need a strong network connection to ensure that the process is not interrupted. If you have these two requirements, you can go ahead and check your data balance online.
So, while surfing through the net and you are wondering if you still have enough data, you don’t have to close or minimize your browsing app. You can do a quick check of your data balance online. Here is how to check balance on Etisalat.
- Go to 9mobile official website
- Navigate through the website to see where you can check your data balance. And input all the necessary details.
- Your data balance will be displayed for you to see
How to check 9mobile data balance via SMS
One of the guidelines on how to check data balance on 9mobile is through SMS. You can check your data balance within one minute via SMS. If you want to check your data balance or want to know 9mobile data code through SMS, follow these steps;
- Go to the messaging app (where you send and receive SMS)
- Type ‘BAL’ as a message without putting the quotation marks and send it to 228
- Your network provider will send you an SMS that has the details of your data balance and data plan
How to check 9mobile data balance through the customer care
9mobile Nigeria has supportive customer care representatives just like every other network provider in Nigeria. These customer care representatives can be called upon to assist you on any inquiry that you want to make, including inquiries on balance.
So, you can call them any time and they will gladly assist you in any way they can. Although, this method seems very stressful in comparison with other methods because the customer care representatives may not pick up immediately after you call.
But it is the most reliable way of checking your data balance. Customer service will always provide answers to your inquiries.
How to check 9mobile data balance via the App
The 9mobile app comes in handy when you want to check your data balance. To use the app, follow these steps;
- Go to Play Store and download the 9mobile app, if you don’t have it already
- Install the 9mobile app on your phone using IOS or Android
- Set it up by registering with your 9mobile phone number
- An OTP pin will be sent to the number you registered with, this is to verify if the 9mobile number you are registering with is yours.
- You will be required to enter the OTP pin, input it and your 9mobile app is ready to be used.
- Go to your dashboard and check your data balance at any time.
How to check 9mobile data balance on modem
This is how to check 9mobile data balance on a modem. Remove the sim card that you are using with your modem and insert it into your phone. Then you can use any of the methods that we have discussed above, to check your data balance and insert the sim card back into your modem.
Other Answers on 9mobile
What is the code for 9mobile data balance
The USSD code to check 9mobile data balance is *228#. Dial the code and send it, your data balance will be displayed on your screen.
In this post, we have shared the guidelines on how to check data balance on 9mobile. You can follow these guidelines to check your data balance on 9mobile at all times. Whenever 9mobile releases any more ways to check data balance, we will not hesitate to let you know.