So many people wonder why others search for how to borrow airtime from 9mobile Nigeria because they don’t see the need for it. Probably because they have never found themselves looking forward to having a great phone conversation with someone or in urgent need to speak with someone on the phone but have no airtime and no means of getting airtime.
If you have ever found yourself in such a situation, you are not alone. This is why we will be talking about how to borrow airtime from 9mobile.
New Update: As of 13th May 2023, MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile announced that there will be a harmonization of their codes for Airtime, Data, and other services. What this means is: you can use one code to borrow airtime on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile. Instead of the procedure in this post, all networks will use one code.
Once this update is complete every other code will no longer work. These new shortcodes by NCC are to help users remember a single code instead of several codes. Until the harmonization is complete, the codes on this post on how to borrow airtime on 9mobile remains valid. Read on.
How to borrow airtime on Etisalat
You may have been forced to put up with a poor bank network, preventing you from recharging your phone. And even when you see where to get a recharge card, you may not have cash on you. But, the good news is that you can learn how to borrow airtime from 9mobile to make that urgent call and pay it back later.
There are several tips on how to borrow airtime from 9mobile, which was formerly known as Etisalat. You can follow these tips and borrow airtime, to pay back at your convenience. 9mobile Nigeria has a special service called 9mobile More Credit, which enables its users to borrow airtime with ease.
Before you go about enjoying the 9mobile More Credit service, there are three things we want you to bear in mind.
- First, know that you are only going to be given 85% of the total amount of airtime you borrow. The remaining 15% serves as the service fee, so you will not be getting 100% of what you are borrowing but you will surely pack back 100% of the airtime you borrowed.
- Secondly, remember that the borrowed airtime will be deducted from your next recharge. You need to keep this at the back of your mind while borrowing.
- Thirdly, know that it is not all 9mobile subscribers that are qualified to borrow airtime from 9mobile. So, check for your eligibility before trying to borrow, to avoid getting disappointed.
How to check for 9mobile More Credit eligibility
Before learning how to borrow airtime on 9mobile, you need to be sure that you can borrow airtime from 9mobile. To qualify for the 9mobile more credit, these are the requirements;
- You must have an active 9mobile line
- Within the past 90 days, you must have recharged your line and used it to make calls.
- You can then confirm your eligibility status by dialing *665*3# and send. Your eligibility status will be sent to your phone.
- Also, you can text ‘STATUS’ without quotation marks and send it to 665. Your network provider will send you your eligibility status immediately.
Code to borrow airtime from 9mobile
Borrowing airtime with the USSD code is always very easy, which is why it is very easy to borrow airtime from 9mobile. To enjoy 9mobile More Credit, follow these tips on how to borrow airtime from 9mobile;
Open your phone app and dial *665#, and send.
You can also borrow the amount of airtime you need directly by dialing *665*the amount#. For example, you can dial *665*200#, to borrow N200 worth of airtime on 9mobile.
An SMS confirming the success of your transaction will be sent to you immediately. While borrowing airtime, remember that 9mobile determines the highest amount of money you can borrow at a go. You can’t borrow more than it is willing to loan out to you. And the more you recharge your line, the more the amount of airtime you can borrow increases.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I borrow credit from 9mobile?
The easiest way to borrow airtime from Etisalat which is now known as 9mobile is to dial *665*amount# and send, using your 9mobile line.
If you have been looking for how to borrow airtime on 9mobile, then you can now start borrowing, using any of the two USSD codes that we have shared above. Also, check for your eligibility before trying to borrow. When 9mobile release another code or tip on how to borrow airtime from 9mobile, you will be the first to know because we will update you immediately.