Are you looking to learn how to upgrade GOtv in Nigeria? If yes, then you are in the right place. GOtv, a child product of DSTV owned by the popular media company, Multi-choice, is growing exceedingly to become one of the biggest pay-cable TV networks in Nigeria and even Africa at large. With the increase in the price of DSTV subscriptions, many have opted for GOtv, which is believed to be a better alternative and a means to save money.
If you have been using GOtv for quite some time now, you should know that it comes in different packages and has different prices for subscriptions. If you are currently on GOtv Jolli or any other lower package but would like to upgrade to GOtv Supa or Max to increase the number of channels you get, this post will guide you on how to do that. At the same time, you can also downgrade to a lower package.
At the end of this post, you should have learned the following:
- How to upgrade GOtv on phone
- How to upgrade GOtv subscription after payment
- How to upgrade GOtv decoder online
- How to upgrade GOtv for free
- How to upgrade GOtv in Nigeria
How to upgrade the GOtv decoder on phone
Unknown to many GOtv users, you can actually do many things that involve your GOtv decoder from your home with your phone without having to visit any gotv outlet or agent. If you are currently on a subscription and you feel it doesn’t meet your desires, perhaps because your favorite channel isn’t showing on the particular GOtv package, that is where upgrading comes in.
At the same time, if you feel you can no longer afford your normal package due to the increase in price, you can downgrade to a cheaper and lower package. For example, from GOtv Max to Jolli or from Jolli to GOtv Max.
However, there are certain modalities that need to be considered before you can upgrade or downgrade to any GOtv package, among which are:
- Ensure that your current subscription expires before opting for an upgrade; otherwise, it won’t reflect.
- You will have to make payment for the new package via any of your preferred payment channels.
How to upgrade GOtv subscription
Using GOtv Self Service
- Switch on your GOtv decoder.
- Log in to your eazygotvafrica.com account with your surname and decoder IUC number
- Select “Build a Package.”
- Choose the preferred package you are upgrading or downgrading to
- Make payments with your preferred payment channel
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes for it to reflect.
Using Payment websites
- Visit any of your choice’s gotv subscription payment platforms (paga, opay, quickteller, vtu apps, etc.)
- Click to pay for a GOtv subscription
- Select your new package(one you want to upgrade or downgrade to).
- Enter your IUC number.
- Make payments with your debit card.
Using GOtv app
- Download and install the mygotv app from the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Sign in with your name, phone number linked to your Gotv, and Gotv IUC code
- Select categories and choose “Pay bills”
- Select your new preferred GOtv package
- Enter your IUC number
- Make payments with your debit card
- The subscription will reflect in 10 to 20 minutes.
If you tried to upgrade or downgrade to a package and it didn’t work out, you should contact customer care support with this number instantly: 012703232 or dial *288#. They should be able to help you solve the issue.
What is GOtv upgrade code?
Well, there is actually no upgrade code anywhere. What you have to do is wait until your current subscription package finishes, then pay for a different package. However, you can request an upgrade or lay a complaint by dialing *288#.
How to upgrade GOtv to Jolli
Upgrading or downgrading to GOtv Jolli is simple and easy. The point is, to let your current subscription expire before you opt for the upgrade or downgrade. Once it expires, make payment for your new preferred package (GOtv Jolli). By doing this, you have automatically upgraded or downgraded to GOtv Jolli.
How to upgrade GOtv for free
Normally, a GOtv upgrade comes at no cost at all. The only issue is that if you recently upgraded to GOtv Jinja or any other package, let’s say a week ago, but are not satisfied with the available channels and hence want to upgrade to Max or Supa, it’s actually not possible until your current subscription to current subscription expires.
Upgrading or downgrading to your preferred GOtv subscription is easy and straightforward. Just follow the instructions in this post so you don’t make any mistakes. I hope you find this article on “how to upgrade GOtv subscription” helpful. Visit again for new updates like this, and don’t forget to drop a question if you have any. I will do well to attend to them.