Looking to know how to see what someone likes on Facebook? What people like on Facebook goes a long way in telling you a lot about them, their crushes, celebrities, and even friends. Your likes tell people around you what you are interested in. So if you are looking for people with similar interests and to check out their likes on Facebook, this post is for you.
How to See Someone’s Likes on Facebook
The guidelines on how to see what someone likes on Facebook are easy to follow because Facebook has added a special feature that helps you to know what your friend likes. Let’s start with Facebook Profile:
Follow these steps to find out what that person likes on Facebook.
- Open your desktop browser and log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap on the search bar and type the name of the person you want to know their likes
- Locate the particular person from the search result that will likely show lots of Facebook profiles
- Tap on the person’s profile to open their profile page and timeline
- Next, tap on the ‘More’ button
- Click on the ‘Likes’ button. This will show you the posts that the person has liked
- There may be lots of pages liked by the person, and since Facebook did not sort them out based on niches before showing you
- If you want to search the person’s likes based on niche or category, you have to click on ‘More’
- From the list of categories on your screen, choose the category that you want to view
- If you want to know the type of movie or music that interests the person, you can click on the entertainment category
- Clicking on each category will give you information about what the person likes and the similar interest you have with them.
When you open the person’s profile click on the person’s name, just below the cover picture. Click on ‘More Recent Activity’. This will show you all the posts that the person has liked.
The second guideline on how to see what someone likes on Facebook is through the use of the Facebook mobile app. These steps are for those using mobile phones to access Facebook.
- Open the Facebook mobile app on your phone and log in to your Facebook account
- Tap the search icon or the magnifying glass icon on your screen to access the search bar
- Type the name of the person you want to see their likes and tap on the profile from the search result
- From the person’s profile, tap on ‘About Info’
- You will see all that the person liked in the likes section
- Click on ‘View all’ to see all that the person has liked.
Ask Them Directly
I probably sound so old school right now, but I believe that the best guideline on how to see what someone likes on Facebook is asking them directly. If it is a person that you can relate with outside Facebook, then you can just start a conversation with them and ask them casually. But if you are not comfortable with asking, or perhaps you are not in the right position to do so. I still have one more method on how to see what someone likes on Facebook.
Check the Friends List
While you are looking for how to see what someone likes on Facebook, remember that people with like minds are likely going to be found in the same place. So you can look at the person’s friends list and check what the friends are interested in, especially mutual friends. This will give you ideas of what the person might be interested in.
How to control who sees your likes on Facebook.
Can you see when someone liked a photo on Facebook? Yes, but one thing that can be a game changer for these steps on how to see what someone likes on Facebook is Facebook privacy settings. The person can set their profile to ensure that no one views their likes. Knowing how people value their privacy, here is how to prevent others from seeing your likes on Facebook
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the menu icon by the top right corner of your screen
- Tap on ‘Settings & Privacy’
- Click on ‘Privacy’
- Next, select who you want to view your likes on Facebook. You can decide to hide it from everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I see what pictures my boyfriend likes on Facebook
When you open your boyfriend’s Facebook profile, click on his name, just below his cover photo. Click on ‘More Recent Activities’ to see all the pictures that your boyfriend has liked.
Why can’t I see photos liked by someone on Facebook
If you can’t see the person’s likes after following my guidelines on how to see what someone likes on Facebook. Then it means that the person has used Facebook privacy settings to restrict people’s access to the details of their likes.
Other FAQs on Facebook
Although Facebook does not give out the details of all the likes of someone on Facebook, you can use these guidelines on how to see what someone likes on Facebook to find out what your friends like on Facebook.