You may think that you will never need a Facebook profile picture downloader till you come across a familiar name on Facebook with a locked profile. And you try to view the profile picture, but all to no avail, which can be frustrating.
Facebook in its commitment to user privacy, allows individuals to protect their profiles, making it challenging for others to download or even take a screenshot of their profile pictures. In this guide, we will explore various methods to successfully download a locked Facebook profile picture, respecting privacy while satisfying your curiosity.
If you still want to download that profile picture, even if it’s locked, keep reading to find out how to do this.
Facebook locked profile picture download
Facebook users can lock their profiles using the profile guard feature, shielding their profile pictures with a shield icon, or by completely locking the profile, restricting access to only friends. When faced with a locked profile and the desire to obtain a Facebook profile picture in high definition, there are several methods you can employ.
Download Guard Locked Profile Picture on Facebook
The Facebook profile picture downloader tips that you have to follow to achieve this is very simple. You will be using Facebook Graph API, to enable you to copy the link to the profile picture that you want to download. Here are the steps to download guard locked profile picture on Facebook;
- Using your browser, preferably Chrome, login to your Facebook account and visit the profile of the persons you wish to download their profile picture
- Copy the link to the profile picture
- Open a new tab and paste the copied link
- When the profile picture appears, long press it, and other options will appear.
- Click on ‘Download Image’
- On Desktop, you will have to right-click on the profile picture if you are using desktop Chrome to do this
- Next, click on the ‘save image as’. Select the location that you want to save the picture to, and change the name if you wish to.
- Click on ‘save’. This will download the profile picture to the location you have selected on your desktop.
Locked Facebook Profile with a Custom URL
If the URL is customized, then you need to find its ID Number. A normal URL ends with a set of numbers, but a custom URL ends with a name or a word.
When you copy such a link, type ‘view source;’ before pasting it, this will show you the URL ID Number.
If the first Facebook profile picture downloader tip sounds too technical for you, then you can try this second tip. This takes only about one or two seconds to complete. Follow these steps to use the second Facebook profile picture downloader tip;
- Open your browser and log into your Facebook account
- Next, visit the profile you want to view its display picture
- When you open the profile that you want to view its display image, use two fingers to zoom in on the profile picture. This will not show you the Facebook profile full size, but at least, you will get to tell who the person might be.
The other Facebook profile picture downloader tips to download a profile picture from a locked Facebook account are;
Use Inspect Mode
This Facebook profile picture downloader tip is for those who are using a desktop to access Facebook. It involves following these steps;
- When you open the locked Facebook profile, right-click on the display picture
- From the options displayed on your screen, select ‘Inspect’
- Copy the Facebook profile viewer URL starting from ‘HTTPS://’
- Paste the URL in the browser. This will download the profile picture
- View the downloaded picture anytime you want to.
Use Phone Browser
Another Facebook profile picture downloader tip is to download profile pictures using a mobile browser. Use your mobile phone browser to open the basic Facebook version and visit the profile that you want to download its display picture.
- Switch to incognito mode and long-press the display picture
- A list of options will appear on your screen, click on ‘Download Image’. The picture will be downloaded.
Online Facebook Profile Picture Downloader Sites
Some sites help to download profile pictures from a locked Facebook account. you just have to copy the link to the profile picture you want to download and paste it on the site and click on ‘Get Profile Picture’ or ‘Download Profile Picture’. And the profile image will be downloaded.
Facebook Locked Profile Picture Download Apps
There are numerous so-called Facebook profile picture downloader apps online that claim to download locked profile pictures. Some of them may demand payment, while others may only want your details.
Before you download Facebook locked profile picture viewers from any site, be aware that the Facebook algorithm is quite robust, making it challenging for some of these apps or Facebook locked profile picture viewers online to bypass it. This is why I don’t advise people to use any of these apps, as you may end up paying for something that doesn’t work or inadvertently disclose your personal information.
Other Facebook Tips
Although I have shared all the Facebook profile picture downloader tips with you. I must emphasize that privacy is a serious matter. If people want to keep their profile details private, then you should respect that. Only apply these Facebook profile picture downloader tips if downloading the person’s profile picture is a necessity.